The first black hero, “Black Panther”; the name of Peter Parker when he’s saving someone, “Spider-Man”; the hero whose suit is made out of nickel-titanium, “Iron Man”; and the hero from Asgard, “Thor”, are the fictional characters from Marvel, created from the mind and the heart of Stanley Martin Lieber, famously known as Stan Lee.
At some point, people have compared themselves to the situation of those around them. They tend to look at the status of people who are already successful in their chosen field. Lee confessed, during his interview with Washington Post, that he was cautious being a comic artist; seeing people wearing suits had caused him inferiority complex. However, regardless of those feelings, Lee realized that people need something that will give them entertainment. That’s what made him continue to create more comics where people can find inspirations, aspirations, happiness, and escapades from the real world.
Mourning is visible in everyone’s faces upon the death of the 95-year-old comic artist. Despite the fact that Stan Lee died, his works are still in the minds of everyone, most especially the epiphanies that he had given through his comics. To commemorate the greatness of Stan Lee, here are the five (5) quotes that he created:
- “To have an idea is the easiest thing in the world. Everybody has ideas. But you have to take that idea and make it into something people will respond to – that’s hard.“ – Stan Lee, Addicted 2 Success
- Ideas should not be staying inside the mind of an individual – everyone has it. What will make an individual different from them is through putting the idea into the process that has an aim to produce it.
- “I don’t think superpowers automatically means there won’t be any personality problems, family problems, or even money problems. I just tried to write characters who are human beings who also have superpowers.” – Stan Lee, Addicted 2 Success
- Regardless of having powers, problems are still inevitable. Even people who are already successful in life still encounter problems. It depicts not just the reality but also the idea that people should be aware and ready for those problems.
- “Life is never completele without its challenges.” – Stan Lee, Playboy
- Challenges give flavors to life and it solidifies the essence of an individual. Fulfillment is one of the emotions that can be felt when an individual already solved a problem, and an individual must always remember that a certain challenge is always accompanied by a learning.
- “There is only one who is all powerful, and his greatest weapon is love.” – Stan Lee, Silver Surfer
- Love is not just a feeling or an expression to someone – it impedes the evilness in the minds of people. What will make a person mighty is his or her influence to his or her surroundings.
- “With great power there must also come—great responsibility!” Stan Lee, Amazing Fantasy #15 of Spiderman Comic
- It is a palpable truth that the equivalent of power is a great responsibility. It is a great offense if an individual will not use the power that he or he has been granted. But it is a greater offence if that power is not used for good. Also, power should not be just treated as an opportunity to be famous or to oppress, power is given to solve and to help other people.
The works of Stan Lee are not just for entertainment. He demonstrated the idea of selflessness through his superheroes. Regardless of where you are and who you are, when you have the power you should not be thinking twice in helping those people who are in need.